October 25, 2016

50 FAVORITE PHOTOS (a stroll down this vegan's memory lane)

Friend and Flowers. My young vegan friend; Soul (at age 3). 
Angel with Poof the Magic Rabbit (one of many rescued rabbit friends); both emanating gentleness.
My hand-lettered plaque for the "Kisses Memorial Garden". 
Mountaintop meadows where we lived for over 2 decades (in summer/autumn) at 8,000 ft. high.
A most gentle woman; Summer, and the most gentle dog; Valiant; he's so sweet. 
My tribute to Kisses; a very alive vegan-organic garden.
Playing "stickie" with Kisses was the ultimate in FUN...even baby Soul thought so! 
A row of uplifting sunflowers greet those who enter The Kisses Garden.
Beautiful (vegan for 14 of her 15 years) watching a sunset in Hawaii.
A deer friend (Braveheart); with a dear friend. This is a wild animal; not so wild right?
At one time, our daily ritual was to climb a mountain to commune with the sun at 8,000 elevation. 
Kisses and I had a strong love relationship. She lived with no leash/collar; beside me (and vegan).
Young people feel that I respect them; see how (vegan) Adonis's face reflects a shared reality.
Soul (age 6) jumping into the 'Seren-dip-in-me' natural pool. Discovering it was pure serendipity. 
Light and Sun; founders of Gentle World; two of the longest-living vegans on Earth. 
Cozy, Butterflies, and Mighty ....so happy together. 
The bookends defining cute. They were dropped off together at Gentle World. Lucky us!
Butterflies in The Kisses Garden with Eden and Soul (vegan kids) eating peas! 
The Monarchs and bees just adore the vividly bright Zinnia's ... okay I admit it, so do I! 
My little Mighty man friend. I've known him since he was a puppy. He's the cutest; hands down!
A ground squirrel eats cantaloupe seeds like a Disney character, on our mountaintop sanctuary.
Thousands showed up for the S. Fl. VeganFest I organized (2016); welcomed by my hand-lettered signs.
Carrot-Cashew Pate - the most popular item at our Maui restaurant: The Vegan; and served at my events. 
One year I happen to witness, several times, butterflies mating. 
I am hand-feeding a (free-living) ground squirrel when we lived alongside forest animals.
I plant flowers that bees love. I let them be.... in ecstasy, pollinating, living, and not stinging. 
Valiant; Gentle World Hawaii's rescued friend. So gentle. His clipped ears speak of his prior abuse.
I once lived with Aspen groves and purple lupine fields in a U.S. national forest - and a bunch of vegans.
My close vegan friend Soul (age 6) enjoying his daily play time in the natural pool at my spot.
Butterflies Katz "author photo" for a poetry and photo book I once published. Big Island, HI.
I love connecting barefoot with the earth walking on the paths through my veganic garden.
Golden lights up - as we should - when we are blessed with the presence of a forest deer. 
Sunflowers and corn and blue-skies-above invite you into the Kisses Garden. 
Having a garden without a fence in New Zealand's forest reserve land is a real accomplishment.
A face not only a mother could love...my sweet friend Soul eating peas in my garden. 
The light making beauty even more beautiful. 
Butterflies speaking at the Coral Springs library; event entitled "It's Easy to be Vegan".
A caterpillar reminds me of the essence of my chosen name (Butterflies): transformation. 
My favorite flower; Cosmos in the sun's spotlight. 
I once had a relationship with an injured Monarch butterfly who depended on me for her life.
Speaking up for the animals as usual, at an event entitled 'Veganism; A Truth whose Time has Come'. 

Baba (lived to age 17) with Golden. Another vegan-eating dog and rescued friend.

Summer and Beautiful; A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words.

A Monarch butterfly takes her first flight from my hand. 

Peaceful Vegan-Since-Birth Soul at age 3.

A special gentle friend: Magic - hugging a Sequoia tree. 

Butterflies hand feeding a deer; whom we protected from hunters.

A fawn showed up at my camp-sight in the mornings - and the mother trusted me!

Paw and hand intertwine; paw of Baba and hand of mine. 

Butterflies; age 59, 38 years vegan and holding the book she published.

A Monarch starting to emerge from the chrysalis in my 'Gardens of Tranquility'.



4 comments:

Wild Vegan Garden said...

A truly beautiful garden!:)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

You bring heaven on earth. God Bless you

Unknown said...

Such a gentle and caring life. Peaceful and compassionate.